St. Thomas Aquinas
In 1853 Dominican Sisters took charge of the school. Because their rule discouraged the teaching of boys, two brothers of the Holy Cross from Notre Dame taught the boys in the years 1857-59. When the Brothers left, laymen took their place until 1866. At that time, the Sisters started to teach the younger boys and -- with a modification of their rule -- in the 1870's When the school building built in the 1850's could no longer meet the needs of the parish. In March 1921, the old building was razed and the new school, on the same site, was blessed on May 1, 1922. Within a few months a four year High School program was begun. About 1950, with the merger of Saint Thomas Aquinas High School and Saint Nicholas High School into Bishop Rosecrans High School, the building was given over entirely to Saint Thomas Elementary School.
In 2006, Zanesville's two Catholic elementary schools St. Thomas Aquinas School and St. Nicholas School consolidated to form Bishop Fenwick School.